Greenland - Bjørn Sekkesæter

New adventures: Bergans Turglede

Bergans of Norway buy Fram Expeditions from Cecilie Skog and Bjørn Sekkesæter

With the acquisition of Fram Expeditions and the establishment of an expedition company called Bergans Turglede AS, Bergans of Norway enters a new market. The new company will be headed by former Fram owner Bjørn Sekkesæter.

  

- Bergans is here to inspire, enable and share the best outdoor experiences. The acquisition and establishment of an expedition company, makes us able to fully live our vision, says CEO in Bergans of Norway, Leif Holst-Liæker.

Fram Expeditions AS has offered exclusive expeditions to exotic locations in the arctic and high mountains. They have also provided consultancy to adventurers with private expedition projects. The company was founded 12/12-2012 and has been driven and owned by Cecilie Skog and Bjørn Sekkesæter.

After the acquisition Bergans of Norway owns 90.1% of the company and is thereby main shareholder. The previous owners, Skog and Sekkesæter, owns the remaining 9.9%. Bergans of Norway will transfer Fram's product portfolio into the new company – Bergans Turglede AS. Fram’s business of today will be continued and reinforced. In addition, more accessible tours and events will be offered, both in the B2C and the B2B markets.

- In recent years we have organized various types of expeditions and tours through our concept Bergans Ekstrem Turglede (BET). The desire to create a company that actually bring people to the great outdoors has matured over time. The plans have been concretized throughout the past year and a half, says Bergans CEO Leif Holst-Liæker.

 

Bjørn Sekkesæter joins Bergans Turglede AS general manager and tour guide. Cecilie Skog will also contribute as a consultant and guide. In addition, several well-known Bergans ambassadors and Fram Expedition's guides will contribute their knowledge and skills.

- We see a great potential in what Fram has established since 2012. Bjørn and Cecilie share our vision of sharing and creating great outdoor experiences at all skill levels. Therefore, it was quite natural to offer Bjørn the job as general manager, says Holst-Liæker.

Sekkesæter himself is very pleased to join the further adventure as employee in a Bergans-owned company.

- Bergans' solid network in the field of outdoor life and activities, both in Norway and abroad, enables us to offer tailored expeditions and experiences with the best and most experienced guides. Just like in Fram Expeditions, we will take great care of and guide our participants before, during and after the expeditions. We will offer rental and loan of outdoor equipment and focus on sustainable and responsible tourism. With backing from Bergans we are close to the assets, equipment and expertise needed to create unique experiences, says Sekkesæter.

 

Former owner Cecilie Skog is also happy that Bergans is taking over Fram’s operations.

- It feels good that Bergans will run Fram in the future. I have worked with the company for many years and know the culture and the people well. I know that Bergans’ values go very well together with Fram’s. For me this will be yet another adventure with Bergans, I´m excited and stoked, Cecilie Skog says. "

 

Bergans CEO Holst-Liæker reveals that the full expedition program will be launched already this autumn.

- It includes wonderful nature and outdoor experiences. We focus on being unique and different. You have something to look forward to, he says with a smile.

 

www.framexpeditions.no